Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: where were you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. My momma's belly
    2. Watching TV with my parents
    3. Umm i really don't remember School maybe
    4. World History class in the 9th grade
    5. School I believe
    6. UVA Wise Library

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. The Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff: My 26th birthday that year .

    2. The OJ Chase: Getting home from work in Winston-Salem

    3. The OJ verdict: Working in Eastern NC

    4. 9/11 - Working in South Boston.

    5. The Space Shuttle exploding in re-entry - ?

    6. The VT shootings - Driving between accounts .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  3. #3
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. Wise County Schools were closed because of snow. I had my TV on in my room at school when it came on. The teachers that were working that day came and watched it.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    Very odd because I distinctly recall Ms. Skeens jumping up and turning off the tv when the shuttle exploded. I even remember I was sitting on the floor watching it. We kept asking what happened what happened. Odd memory indeed.

    But then again I was 9, and having early blonde moments it would appear....
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    I know Dickenson County schools were out. I was at a friends house, and another friend called and said "holy crap turn on the tv, the space shuttle just exploded".
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff - I believe I was watching it at home.

    2. the OJ chase - I had a little league baseball game

    3. the OJ verdict - In gym class at RC. They played the verdict over the schools intercom system.

    4. 911 - In speech class at MECC

    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry - I think in bed, not sure.

    6. The VT shootings - At work.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff - Freshman year in college, watching it live in my dorm room.

    2. the OJ chase - At Cheers in Kingsport

    3. the OJ verdict - At home, but wasn't watching. I hate to admit it, but knew what the verdict was going to turn out to be (unfortunately).

    4. 911 - At work, getting ready to go to tri-cities airport to pick up two employees from Rochester, NY for meetings at our site. Their flight was cancelled (along with every other flight in CONUS).

    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry - Playing golf at the Barefoot Resort in Myrtle Beach.

    6. The VT shootings - In a meeting at work, my boss called my cell phone to tell me something was going wrong up in Blacksburg. Left the meeting and went back to my office to watch streaming media on the tragedy.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. dont rememeber
    2. i just remember watching it on the news
    3. in french class....everyone in school was watching it
    4. at work in wise at the payless, i was a stocker and remember the mgr telling me that we had been attacked...we were all gathered around a little radio in the office....the place was dead empty, the town was...it was surreal
    5. dont remember
    6. seen it at work before i clocked in...at that time it was just confirmed as one dead...i watched all day as that, number, sadly, rose

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff (aka Challenger)
    third grade in the library at school (and yes, it was in Wise County).
    2. the OJ chase
    Either french or english class in hs (in the same room for both)
    3. the OJ verdict
    again, in either french or english class in hs
    4. 911
    When the actual attacks occurred, I had been home in Leland, MS., for about three hours (Just got off work) and was asleep. When I found out it was a little after 9 a.m. and, I was driving east on US 82 on my way to an interview at Mississippi Valley State University. When I turned on the radio in my truck, the news was on. I knew that station aired exactly two minutes of news. So, something must have been amiss. Once I realized what had happened, I called the powers that be at MVSU and found out the school was on temporary lockdown. I did a U-turn and drove at break-neck speed back to my office in Greenville, MS. We watched the videos and interviews almost all day, until we realized that Greenville is one of the biggest ports on the Mississippi River and we might not be out of harm's way. Fortunately, we were. Oh yeah, it was also my best friend's birthday. She turned 22 that day [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry
    Not really sure.
    6. The VT shootings
    I found out at work, long after it was over. Woke up late and didn't bother to pay attention to the TV. I heard a couple of co-workers talking about it because some of their friends' kids are at tech.

    7. Desert Storm (1st Gulf war)
    In seventh grade. I remember hearing a friend tell us that his older brother was called to duty. They had slogans out then that said "Hell no. We won't go. We won't fight for Texaco." I was too young to realize the damage that did to our soldiers who were fighting and their families back here.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff: At home in my living room because school was out that day.
    2. the OJ chase: Could give a s$!* less about the whole OJ thing
    3. the OJ verdict: dito
    4. 911: Here at work, working on a F-150 putting neon lights in the cab.
    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry: At work
    6. The VT shootings: First shooting, in shower Second at work putting a cover n a truck.
    7. Desert Storm: 11th grade setting on my bed doing homework with Star Trek: The Next Generation on the TV when my mom came in and told me we were at war.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •